Friday, December 10, 2010

Im on Pause

Its been a very long time since I have been on here. Partly because Im working 7 days a week. And then my modem messed up and I lost my internet dongle :(
But now I have some connectivity to the net ( albeit not very good), I thought I should drop a quick message to let my 7 followers know Im still alive and kicking.

My life feels like its been on pause for the last few months. I have got nothing to show for my time. Apart from all this work I have been doing (At least my credit card is now clear and I am no longer in overdraft AND slowly paying back all those Uni loans!!). Its an achievement of some sort I guess but it is not want I was hoping for.
I was hoping to be in some kind of a permanent job related to my field of interest ( Biological Sciences)
I was hoping for a change in my home situation, where my parents would start treating me like an adult.
I was hoping for a change in my relationship status. At best I can change it to "complicated" rather than "single".

To cheer myself up I have been watching the recent adaptations of Jane Austens novels... My favourite is Persuasion. Anne Elliot reminds me of me!

1 comment:

SoulSeek said...

Assalamu Alaikum!

I've only just stumbled on your blog, leading off some of your comments - I know -_-

It seems you haven't posted for ages. But I'll drop my thoughts if your situation is still similar.

I can really relate to the whole 'life being on pause'. Some times I think it's good to have everything on pause. When you can just work and not really do 'anything'. It's refreshing because whilst you're away, it gives you a break from the gritty stuff. When you are eventually ready to come back things seem to be more intact and in order if you get my drift?

In regards to the family situation. I'm assuming they've got the whole 'apna' flex going on? I wouldn't worry too much about that. Sometimes with our families we just have to accept the way they are because they're so set in their ways.

Read, read and read! Reading is good and it lets you drop into a world away from what we're living. Even if it's just temporary.

Just don't stay chilled out for too long ;)

Peace.