Sunday, June 6, 2010

Revision time.....

Im totally freaking out....
I have an exam on the 16th June and another one on the 6th July. So far I have done diddly squat to prepare for them. It is not that I dont want to... and in the comign weeks I know I will buckle down and start revising. But what gets me is why do I procrastinate when I knwo I have to revise?
Why do I make time to read novels or watch some "interesting" film on telly, or call up friends, and even on occasions cook a 3 course meal for the family, when I know I should be in my room, making notes, reading lectures and generally studying hard??
I am super efficient when I have coursework deadlines..... I prepare in advance, type things as I go along, keep up to date with everything and work extra hard to get a really good coursework mark...but I just cant seem to muster the same enthusiasm for revising.

DO you guys have any interesting revision techniques that help you to learn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salaams,
i've been in your shoes and i have one word of advice: tawakul. try your best and have faith in Allah swt. and as for revision technique. it depends on a lot of things: the course, the way you are gonna be evaluated etc. general tips: reading it outloud, diagrams, and flowcharts.
may Allah swt make it easy on you. :)

Kav-Lee said...

JZK....

I have noticed that every time I decide to revise... I end up cleaning the house! lol. I know it is because whenever it was revision time my mum would expect me to do housework too! Alhumdulillah "spaceman" is home nowadays so she does the work for me and nags me to go revise!! Thats a first! Younger scolding the elder!