Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Real Reason Im Losing My Hair........

is stress!
Im stressed because ( in particular order):
1) Im working two jobs. Monday to Fridays doing 7 hour shifts of administration work for a paltry £8.65 an hour. Then on weekends I work in a retail shop for 11 hours tidying a store that will look like cr*p by the time I go back then following week! And I cannot do anything about it right now because I NEED the money.

2) I have a student loan of £5000+. It doesn't seem so bad compared to others, especially those studying dentistry or medicine. But I have been in employment for 6 years and have nothing to show for it yet. I am always overdrawn and I don't know why because im such a cheapskate when it comes to buying stuff. The last item of clothing I bought was legwarmers from primark.

3) I graduated 3 years ago and can not find a job related to my degree (field of Science). I then decided to do a Masters thinking this will help me!...... I haven't even had one interview so far.
A girl I was studying got a job within a week of finishing the Masters.
I'm working two jobs whilst I apply EVERWHERE in the hope someone will spot my brilliantness!

4) I am not married and probably wont be for a very long time. That in it's self is not stressing ( I like being single). The trouble is that EVERYONE keeps asking WHY I am still single. Or asking when am I getting married? Or start comparing me to my older sister whose married, has 3 kids and all before she hit 30. I am in my mid 20s....why is everyone so intent in me being married? Whats super annoying is half these people have kids my age, who are unmarried themselves!

5) Im slightly chubby and have fat arms. I am stressed because I know these arms of mine are starting to resemble bingo wings...and that is not a pretty sight for someone my age! And not just that but I look pregnant after eating. I have been told by my older sister I look 3 months pregnant after I eat. I can't give up food....I'll starve! ( vicious circle of life).
I have resorted to taking a packed lunch to work. A packet of soup and a plain cheese sandwich.

6) my reds are going to start soon and that ALWAYS makes me cranky/snappy.

Okay I have had a good rant/rave. But I want to know if other people are stressed and whats causing it. Maybe we can come up with some ideas to alleviate some of our stress inducing problems!

2 comments:

Conqueress said...

Ugh! Been there... done that. Finding who you are... I mean REALLY knowing yourself helps things fall into place. Meditation for yourself can do wonders to bring your universe into perspective. Think about who you really WANT to be, and what honestly makes you happy. Write it down, stick it on the icebox, read it everyday, and think about how you want to make it happen for yourself.

Kav-Lee said...

Funnily enough I am happy with life...it just needs a few tweaks here and there!