Thursday, January 7, 2010

Time flys...

I've been sitting here TRYING to think of something to blog about.....

So I checked a few blogs out.... but it was mostly about women who have some sort of hobby e.g. papercrafting, stamping, knitting, crocheting, or basket weaving.
I don't have a hobby. Why? Because I don't have time. I am always doing something or other that prevents me from utilising my time.
And so I pulled out my calculator to work out how much of my time I spend on things....... Here is the breakdown based on a week (168 hours):

Sleep: Ok I try to get 8.5 hours a night = 59 hours & 30 mins
Travel: Well I have 2 jobs- weekday and weekend and travelling times for them vary. It takes me an hour to get to the hospital and an hour to get back on weekdays. 10 hours.
Travelling to and from Smiths on weekends is 1 hour so thats 2 hours. = 12 hours in total.
Working: 7 hour shifts during the week. And 11 hours on the weekend. = 46 hours.
Eating: Calculating lunch breaks and dinner time = 7 hours & 30 mins.
Free time: This includes internet surfing, watching TV, playing computer games, and reading books - 4 hours a night weekday & 7 hours on weekends = 34 hours
This is obviously an approximation as I havent included cooking/cleaning/bathroom use/shopping etc etc.
And when you add it all up.... I spent 159 hours on the above tasks. ( I cannot account where the missing 9 hours go! Asleep maybe?).

To me thats a lot of time wasted. It's depressing me to think that I'm wasting so much time but have nothing to show for it. :(

2 comments:

Conqueress said...

Blogging is a hobby :-)Especially when there is something to blog about! Honestly, many women with crafting blogs are stay-at-home women. For me I've had to find the balance of online gaming and making time to craft SOMETHING... anything. For me - it's because I don't want to die and there never be a piece of my soul somewhere here on Earth. TV time is my crafting time... it's easy to just have a basket of photos to sort & arrange in an album, or to learn Origami from online formulas. No reason to be depressed! :-)

Kav-Lee said...

I volunteered as a mentor for a year which was nice btu I want to try something new.

I am going to try and find some evening classes in my area.... maybe something like jewelery making or learn professional make up.