Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Dark Side!

Mother dear has been on a rampage since Friday.
I have ceased to be drawn into a confrontation with her. I know that no good will come of it IF I were to speak my mind!
Mum once said to me " Koi bandey paani naal bartan thoney, thu the Mamu peshaap naal thoney ho!" ( translated as: Some people was pots with water, you and your Uncle wash them with wee!")
Basically some people beat around the bush and sugar coat things or try and be all "neutral" when theres an argument. Whereas myself and this Uncle are just straight up about everything. No backchatting, no lies, no sugarcoating!
I agree with her on this point, but I also know when to just keep my mouth shut. No matter what I say, her views and ideas would never change. She could never accept that my point of view may be just as valid as hers.

Thus, I have avoided talking to her......bliss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to my world, dear Kav-Lee. Unfortuanately, you may be able to relate to one of my post where i vaguely mention the fit i had against my parents. :(

all the best sis :)

Kav-Lee said...

I have had moments where I have REALLY let loose...
- maternal uncle: Yelled at him saying daughters are not born to be slaves. We have the right to be educated and treated equally. (He was complaining to my mum that I hadnt cooked lunch for him)
- Bro in law: Yelled at him to stop making up false actions about my sisters and I. And stop interfering in our lives.
- Paternal Uncle: Stop gossiping behind my back and say stuff to my face. Also yelled at him for not being there for our family during hard times and instead trying to seperate us.
- Dad: yelled at him for being weak and never supporting the family and showing more affection for his family in Pakistan.

As for mum, we argue about eveythign as we are polar opposites in every way!