Monday, July 12, 2010

Ramadhan Prep!


A/S peeps!
I think it is about time that I posted up my plans for this Ramadhan.
Alhumdulillah I keep my fasts, pray my Salah, I rolled the springs and stuffed the samosas, I've cleaned the house, I've cleaned my room! AND I've worked full time too.

But I always feel that little bit empty after fasting finishes. And I KNOW it is because I never made full use of my time. There was always something that prevented me from reading more Qur'an, or prayign extra nafls, or reading more about the Deen. And every year, I promise myself that next time I will try harder.

Inshallah this year I will try ( and report on my efforts). I have already started reading Qur'an and hope to finish it before Ramadhan and trying to read ALL my rakats.
Ok I am going to put my "to do" list here:

1) Read/complete the Qur'an
2) Read all Rakats
3) Get back into reading english translation of Qur'an
4) Finish learning Allahs' names ( I know the first 16 by heart)
5) Learn 1 new Surah.

I THINK that is enough for now. I dont want to overdo it because I might be going back to full time work in August to clear my overdraft (again).

What do you guys think??

z

2 comments:

Effervescent said...

Salaam... :D dude thats AWESOME! Especially cos they are realistic aims!

If your on fb you should join the Ramadan Missions page, theyr doing things like you, and encouraging people to complete their goals!
InshAllah it should be good.

But ye thats great, may Allah keep your emaan strong. They key with learning and reading is to make it continuous, so everyday you review what you learnt and everyday do a bit of good or a bit extra of good. Allah loves the continuous deeds even if they are small.

Cant wait for Ramadan ^_^

Kav-Lee said...

me neither!
Ive already started reading the Qur'an...about a spara a day.

Better start on stuffing those samosey and spring rolls!!