Saturday, July 3, 2010

Exam Confusion

So, I recieve my candidate number and exam timetable for my 1st year retake paper on Thursday. All good, just as I expect.
Friday, another similar letter arrives through the post. 2nd year exam timetable. Ok now I am confused. I am pretty sure that the course organiser didnt email me any details of 2nd year exams. So I check my email.... As I thought. No mention of an exam. I ring them up to check. Apparently I failed the 2nd year paper and have to retake. So I said that it was not stated on the word document that was emailed to me back in December stating what I needed to retake. I am still expected to sit the exam.

I call up student welfare and cry down the phone to the most loveliest and kind woman, who listens to my situation and puts me through to someone else who handles this stuff. By this point the course organiser calls back and APOLOGISES for the error and suggests I could still sit the exam as I should already have revised part of the module for the c/w exam I had back in June. I start crying again ( Im sooo embarassed coz I am not normally so emotional!).
I explained that I am crap at exams and theres no way I can revise 9 months worth of material in less than a week AND pass THAT exam. I failed it the first time WITH revision!!!
The course organiser said that she will speak to the exam board and see whether I could sit a different paper at a different time OR wait til next year and retake it.
Everything happens for a reason. And Allah tests his believers. And HE knows I can handle it. But Alhumdulillah he made it easy for me.
Allahu Akbar!

3 comments:

Effervescent said...

Awwww... they really do mess up sometimes when it comes to things like this. But your right everything happens for a reason. And stay close to Allah. Yu must be feeingsg rather frustrated, worried, confused, scared etc. and feeling the pressure but lets see what happens, maybe they will let you do it at another date. Whatever happens Allah will make things work out for the best inshaAllah.

x

Kav-Lee said...

I have complete in faith in Allah,

At the moment though Im super depressed as Im really struggling to be patient with my family. Im not getting any supprt from them whilst Im suppose to be revising.

Effervescent said...

Ahh yes family.. they dont always understand us, or our education, or our lives, or our generation! Sometimes you just gta sail the storm on your own, but Allah is always with you and may He give you strength and increase your patience, ameen. x